WHAT'S NEW?

Welcome to my blog! New blog entry posted ๐Ÿ’œ Check out my filing cabinet for my labels! I added a new page called playlist, go check it out๐ŸŒŸ Also, new websites and blog codes added to my blog code page! right here.

Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Journalism; The It Girl Job

 Hey Divas,

   Journalism is the 'It Girl job' of most 2000s romantic comedy films. Films like: How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, The Devil Wears Prada, 13 Going on 30, and Confessions of a Shopaholic portray these strong, hardworking female characters that have inspired women to pursue a career in journalism. 

 Journalism is a job with many different outlets, topics, and opportunities. Since journalism has many different topics it helps people find interest in this industry.

 For example, these characters from these movies all write and design for different type of journalism. Jenna Rink (from 13 Going on 30), comes up with magazine spreads for Poise magazine, while Rebecca Bloomwood (Confessions of a Shopaholic), is a financial journalist. Andie Anderson (How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days) and Andy Sachs (The Devil Wears Prada) both are interested in more political, environmental type of journalism, but they both start off at fashion magazines. 

 These films empower women to be hardworking, ambitious, and to romanticize their careers. These type of movies are my favorite because they show the characters having romance and friendships, while also having these amazing careers! Like who wouldn't be inspired to be a journalist after seeing them romanticize life in the city and being a successful writer?

 I know I am so inspired by them and wish I would've tried to become a journalist. I am already working towards a different degree, but who knows maybe I will eventually be able to pursue journalism, media communications or writing one day. 

xoxo,

Indigenous Diva




5 comments:

  1. These girlies are the reason I have my BS in Journalism๐Ÿ˜‹ love love love this post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank u!! also wait im so jealous you have a BS in journalism ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

      Delete
    2. OMG Rinny me too. They're not the reason I got my BS in Journalism, but I do love how frequently Journalism is featured in film! I am a huge comic fan, so Superman and Spider-Man working for the Daily Planet and Daily Bugle were bigger inspirations to me. I've always found it funny how romanticized the field is in media, when it absolutely is not glamorous at all. Still, a girl can try to romanticize it.

      Delete
    3. ahhh yes!!! growing up i was a big fan of the movies but now that im older and getting into the comics more... lois lane is my biggest inspo!! she a baddie fr

      Delete
  2. Posts like this one make me soooo sad I didn't pick journalism :(

    ReplyDelete

My London/Scotland Trip

Hey Divas, My second trip I did abroad was back in fall of 2023 to London and Scotland! I ended up going with a friend I met in Paris on thi...