Hey Divas,
A song that has been on repeat for me is Closet by Kylie Cantrall. I just relate to it so much! This song is about getting rid of any baggage or people who don't benefit you in your life. It's about starting fresh and not focusing on things in your life that aren't good for you.
At the end of last year I went through a huge friendship breakup with my ex best friend of 10 years. That really caused me to go through so much mentally. Even though I was so hurt over the loss, (I think a part of me will always feel that way), I realized that maybe it was for a good thing because why should someone who doesn't care about me or treats me bad be in my life?..
I am now in a place where I'm finally moving on from that situation, and from things in general that aren't right for me. So like her song says "I'm packing up my closet getting rid of all the shit I don't need.".
Mentally I'm cleaning my closet by trying to focus and better myself. I have taken up journaling, so I can write down my feelings and thoughts. This helps me get those emotions out, so they won't stay inside my head building up. I am also putting my energy into my other friends and family, instead of dwelling on a friendship that didn't work. I'm being more grateful for the people in my life who are actually there for me and support me.
For the physical part of cleaning my closet, I am going to be going through my closet and home and donating some things that have just been sitting in my home taking up space. I tend to shop a lot and I end up keeping some things that I just don't use anymore, so I'm taking this new chapter to declutter my home so my space is tidy and my mind is free as well.
It's time to start fresh and to start putting energy into all the good things in my life. I live in a new state now that I can explore more and maybe make some great friends. I'm so ready to start focusing on myself, mentally and physically, and my studies.
Anyways this song/album is really good! I recommend giving it a listen! <3
xoxo,
Indigenous Diva

No comments:
Post a Comment