Hey Divas,
I recently watched Practical Magic 1 & 2 for the first time! I literally don't know why it has taken me so long to watch the first movie, but I'm so happy I did! I read the book first then watched the movie and both the book and movies were so witchy and atmospheric I loved it!
Practical Magic- 4 stars
I loved this film because the setting and vibes were so atmospheric, you can just feel the witchyness. The coloring, the house, the town were just so perfect! I love that the film is centered around sisterhood and love. I was so heartbroken for Sally because she went through so much heartache. She even swore she would never fall in love just to try and stop the curse. Gilly also had it hard too because she swore off love as well. She only decided to have fun with guys and never truly be in love, which caused her to date some not so good men.
This movie is so good, but also heartbreaking because the fact that the Owens women will always suffer this heartbreak just for falling in love is so tragic.
When I first watched this movie I had to make midnight margaritas while watching. It made my first experience watching it even better!
Practical Magic 2- 3.5 stars
This movie continued having the sisterhood, witchy vibe which was a slay! It definitely wasn't the same atmosphere vibe as the first film, but it was still witchy! You guys Landslide started playing and I sobbed in the theater! I did not expect to cry as much as I did, but I was so emotional.
I like the new characters added and Sally's daughters being grown up, but I wish they used more of the sister because it was mostly about one sister and not the other. And in the first film it was both of the sisters in it together, which Sally and Gilly were in it together again in this film, but I thought the daughters were going to pair up like Sally and Gilly.
The film was still good, I really want to rewatch it! Also, the parallel between the two margarita pictures ugh!
xoxo,
Indigenous Diva

.jpg)



I'm going to go see the second one tonight, I'm excited!
ReplyDeleteomg did you end up liking it?
Deletenooo not really :/ LOL but I haven'y seen the first so I gotta watch that next!
Delete