✨

WHAT'S NEW?

NEW BLOG POST! ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿชถ New poll posted, go vote! I added the Kindle with case html code to my blog codes page!right here.

Sunday, August 2, 2026

Physical Media

Hey Divas,

Physical media is so back!

Myself and so many others are bringing back physical media in these modern technology times. Everyone collects physical media for many different reasons, but the main reason people are reverting to older technology/physical media is because they want to actually own their media. 

Technology now is great, but do we really own anything if it's all digital? One day the internet can fail, or every digital platform can erase everything, and what would we have? Nothing. If we store everything online, our movies, books, photos, and music then we relay solely on these apps to keep our memories and media. These companies or higher ups can alter and delete any media they see fit, but if it's physical we will always have that media with the original content on it. So many streaming platforms remove so many shows and movies all the time, that's why I started collecting because I wanted to make sure I can watch my favorite shows and movies whenever I want.

My physical media collection just continues to grow everyday because I collect books, DVDs, VHS movies, vinyl records, CDs, and magazines! I started my physical media collection with books because I love reading and knew I wanted to grow a library in my home. Right now I have 500+ books in my home library! I also collect kids books for my nieces, and maybe future children. My DVD collection is my second biggest collection in my home, because I collect all types of movies and shows, from romcoms, children, action and horror movies! I recently started collecting magazines and I love it because you get to read so many articles by different people, plus you can see good pictures of actors etc. The new Devil Wears Prada 2 movie solidified my decision on collecting magazines because I used to only have like 2 magazines, but that movie showed how technology could be taking over physical media and journalism, so I decided to start growing my magazine collection. I even collect older technology like crt tv, and gaming consoles. I plan to make another post fully about those, but I just wanted to mention it since I collect them.

If you want to see my physical media collection I can post some pictures about it! Or I post about it on my other socials too if you'd like to check them out. 

xoxo,
Indigenous Diva

 

5 comments:

  1. I got a pink mp3 a while back and its so freeing feeling like I actually "own" the music I listen to

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yess! I have a green iPod and I'm obsessed with it

      Delete
  2. Hi there! Love this post and your blog! One of my top reasons for collecting physical media is the fact that I love tv shows and movies that are a little older and may not be popular enough for streaming companies to even add it to their catalogues. And of course, the fact that film and tv show licenses switch in ownership so often. One minute you can see something like The Golden Girls only on Hulu/Disney+, the next they'll license the show to Peacock instead and you have to get yet another subscription if you want to continue watching it. It's just a mess!!

    I'd love to see your physical media collection, specifically the media you're the most proud off! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My parents always encouraged me in buying physical media and now I don't have space anymore lmao but owning like dvds of your favorites tv shows or movies is so cool !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started collecting CDs thanks to a friend. To me, physical media is what brings me closer to them!

    ReplyDelete

National Day for Truth and Reconciliation (Orange Shirt Day)

Hey Divas,      Today is the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation, also known as, Orange Shirt Day. E very year on September 30th, we h...